Monday, April 20, 2009

Since early April we've been to the East Coast and back for Margot's baby naming and Passover, celebrated Margot's half birthday, and had our 4th annual Crawfish Boil. It's been busy with a lot going on with the kids and traveling and planning for the Boil also. Margot's Baby Naming was followed by a very special luncheon my parents gave at their house for all of our Roanoke friends. We spent a lot of time with Uncle Eric and Aunt Liz in Roanoke and Richmond and Nash even got to the point that he was giving hugs!

Margot wore a dress I made for her, which made me sooo happy.

It was just a really special day!


We went to Richmond and spent as much time as possible with our friends there. We miss you all! It was too short. Our friends there and their little guys have such a special place in my heart. Sighhhh.
Then it was back to Roanoke for Passover and to play with Robin and Evan and Gabe at the Transportation Museum! Trains! Awesome!!
And maybe one or two stops at Elderberry's mmmmmmmmm smooootthhhhies.

When we got back home is when the real excitement began. We took the rail off of Nash's crib so he's now sleeping in a big boy bed!

We did it last weekend. He's getting up earlier in the morning. Well, he's probably getting up at the same time, but now since he can come to the door to see Daddy, he's up and out of bed in a flash when he hears anything from our room. Naps are interesting. I think his naps are definitely shorter. But at least he's taking them! Overall I would say that it's gone really really well. Yay Nashy! The other exciting thing is that Nash is really potty training now. In fact I think it's been days since I've changed an icky diaper. I don't miss it!

Our big party of the year, our Crawfish Boil was this weekend! 40 lbs. of extra large crawfish were shipped to us from Bayou Lafourche in Southern Looosiana. It was a HUGE boil with tons of kids and man alive was it fun.



I guess that just about catches us up! Also, some good and bad news. Our good friends Audrey, Mitch and Jake down in Florida are welcoming Jake's baby brother Max! And very, very sadly, Nash and Margot's great-grandpa Harvey, also down in Florida, passed away this week. We think about all our friends and family with love!!

0 comments:

Margot lacing beads

Baby Power

Baby Power
Representin all the babies in the struggle

I'm a super cool little baby.

Bundled Up

Bundled Up
Powered By Blogger

First Crawfish Boil!

First Crawfish Boil!

My favorite picture

My favorite picture

One day old

One day old
Already a little man.

Looking for the waitress

Looking for the waitress

Check out my cords

Check out my cords

First smiles 4/11/07

First smiles 4/11/07

Playing w/ the other kids at Maymont

Playing w/ the other kids at Maymont

THIS WAY TO...

THIS WAY TO...

Mosaic of Nash"s first year

This way to the seafood buffett!

This way to the seafood buffett!

honey pie

honey pie