Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Days

"Happy day, Mommy!" is what Nash told me yesterday. It was a great Mother's day. I wonder how old they'll be when I stop remembering what we did previous years. For my first mother's day Nash was a few months old and we went to Bistro R in Richmond for brunch with Mom & Dad. Nash wore a seersucker onesie with his name monogrammed on it in all lowercase red letters. Last year we went to the park in Westover Hills (in Richmond) and Nash was toddling, and playing in the dirt. This year, first Mother's day with our wonderful baby girl, was so relaxing and wonderful, and it seemed like a special day, but it didn't. It made me so happy that most every day I spend with my family is special.
Here we are at the end of the day. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to be with Maeme and Grammy too.
Now that Margot can sit up by herself, she isn't as interested in rolling around on the floor or sitting in a bouncer. Except since she can't really sit by herself for long, I have tried to get a little creative with ways to occupy her and let her practice sitting and get strong.
She seems to like sitting up at the piano and banging on the keys and listening to songs.
Meanwhile, Nash and I continue our Summer Art Series. This week he picked 3 rubber stamps out of the basket: a fish, and orange and some starts. We stamped and doodled independently, then collaberated. I really think he's developing an artistic side!
And this morning we went to Forest Park and saw the waterfall at the Grand Basin and got really close (scary) to some little duckies, and ended up hanging out at the zoo, then playing in the grass under a shady tree for awhile before heading home.

Sometimes I think we like laying around just as much as we like being busy.


It was a gorgeous day.

1 comments:

Grammy said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful day. The kids are so cute. See you soon.

Margot lacing beads

Baby Power

Baby Power
Representin all the babies in the struggle

I'm a super cool little baby.

Bundled Up

Bundled Up
Powered By Blogger

First Crawfish Boil!

First Crawfish Boil!

My favorite picture

My favorite picture

One day old

One day old
Already a little man.

Looking for the waitress

Looking for the waitress

Check out my cords

Check out my cords

First smiles 4/11/07

First smiles 4/11/07

Playing w/ the other kids at Maymont

Playing w/ the other kids at Maymont

THIS WAY TO...

THIS WAY TO...

Mosaic of Nash"s first year

This way to the seafood buffett!

This way to the seafood buffett!

honey pie

honey pie